Metron Aviation, a subsidiary of Airbus, appreciates your interest in our products and services and your use of our Website. Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable using our Website. The protection of your privacy and Personal Data is an important concern to which we pay special attention throughout our business processes. Personal Data collected during use of our Website is processed by us according to the legal regulations valid for the United States where the Website is maintained. In addition, Airbus’ Binding Corporate Rules protects customer and partner data throughout the entire organization.
Metron Aviation is committed to protecting the rights of individuals regarding processing of Personal Data according to national and regional Personal Data Protection laws and regulation.
Privacy Notice index
This Privacy Notice will inform you of the Personal Data we collect when you access/use the Website; how we use and disclose your data; how you can control the use and disclosure of your data; and how we protect your Personal Data.
What is Personal Data?
Personal Data is information that can be used to identify a person either directly or indirectly. A ‘personal identifier’ is a piece of information that can identify an individual. This definition covers a wide range of personal identifiers to constitute Personal Data, including name, address, email address, identification number, location data or online identifier.
Which sources and what Personal Data do we use?
When you use this Website, Metron Aviation will collect, use and process any Personal Data you provide us (e.g. your name, email address, etc.) and any information generated as a result of using the Website, such as IP address, the date and length of visit to the site, the pages you view etc.
What are the purposes of the processing of your Personal Data?
By using the Website, Metron Aviation will collect and process your Personal Data in accordance with this Notice. Your Personal Data may be used for the following purposes:
- Website Browsers / Administration
We use your Personal Data for administrative purposes, including to help us better understand how our customers access and use our Website and applications; to provide reports to prospective partners, service providers, regulators, and others; to implement and maintain security, anti-piracy, fraud prevention, and other services designed to protect our customers, partners and us; and to enforce our policies, directives and processes.
To the extent permitted by law, we may use your Personal Data for marketing and promotional purposes, including communications through email or equivalent electronic means. For example, we use your Personal Data, such as your email address, to send news and newsletters, special offers, promotions and competitions, or to otherwise contact you about services or information we think will interest you.
We use your Personal Data to communicate with you, including responding to requests for assistance. We can communicate with you in a variety of ways, including email and via your social media accounts if you have agreed, and/or text message.
- Customer service
We use your Personal Data for customer service purposes, including providing services to you, for technical support or other similar purposes and to establish and maintain customer accounts.
- Research and development
We use your Personal Data for research and development purposes, including improving our Website, applications, services, and customer experience and for other research and analytical purposes dedicated to improving our products, services, businesses, operations and processes.
- Legal compliance
We use your Personal Data to comply with applicable legal obligations, including responding to an authority or court order or discovery request.
- To protect us and others
Where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of policies, terms, and other policies.
What is the legal basis for processing your Personal Data?
We process your Personal Data in accordance with the provisions set out in the applicable Data Protection Laws and Regulations. The legal basis for processing your Personal Data are:
1. To comply with contractual obligations.
When you subscribe to a service through the Website, the purposes of processing your Personal Data are primarily determined by that service and we will process your information so that we can provide that service to you.
2. As a result of your consent.
When you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data by us for certain services through the Website, you can withdraw consent at any time by following the instructions provided in the application process or by contacting us at email@example.com.
For further information on the right of withdrawal, please see below Section “How to exercise your rights and/or contact Metron Aviation in respect of your Personal Data?”
3. Within the scope of a legitimate interest.
On occasion taking into account the minimum privacy impact for you, the processing of your Personal Data might be necessary for the following legitimate interest:
4. Metron Aviation’s legal obligations or in the public interest.
Metron Aviation, as any other company, is subject to legal obligations and regulations. In some cases, the processing of your Personal Data will be necessary for Metron Aviation in order to fulfil these obligations.
Who will receive your Personal Data?
We may disclose your Personal Data to the following recipient(s) on a strict need to know basis and for the Purposes as outlined in this Privacy Notice:
- Authorized persons working for or on behalf of Metron Aviation.
- Our agents, service providers and advisers (e.g. Third party service providers and advisers providing the variety of products and services we need such as IT maintenance and support, procurement services, compliance and security services, etc.).
- Other authorized third parties in connection with a reorganization of Metron Aviation.
- Law enforcement or government authorities where necessary to comply with applicable law.
For how long will your Personal Data be stored?
We process and store your Personal Data as required to meet our contractual and statutory obligations. The retention period of your Personal Data is determined by applicable Laws and Regulations and/or by our procedures or processes adopted in accordance with applicable Laws and Regulations.
What about the security of your Personal Data?
We use technical and organizational security measures in order to protect the data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction and against access by unauthorized persons. Our security procedures are continually enhanced as new technology becomes available.
What are your rights?
Under some circumstances provided by law, you may at any time exercise your Personal Data protection rights as listed below by contacting us at the contact details mentioned in section “How to exercise your rights and/or contact Airbus in respect of your Personal Data?”
- Right to access/obtain a report detailing the information held about you: You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether your Personal Data is being processed by Airbus and if so, what specific Personal Data is being processed.
- Right to correct Personal Data: You have the right to change any inaccurate Personal Data concerning you.
- Right to be forgotten: In some cases, for instance, when the Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the Purposes for which they were collected, you have the right for your Personal Data to be erased.
- Right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data: You have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data by Metron Aviation, for instance when the processing is unlawful, and you oppose the erasure of your Personal Data. In such cases, your Personal Data will only be processed with your consent or for the exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to data portability: Under some circumstances provided by law, you have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit those Personal Data to another data controller.
- Right to object: In some cases, defined in law, you may ask us to stop processing your Personal Data.
- Right to withdraw consent: Where your consent is required, you may at any time withdraw such consent. However, please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to access and use certain information, features or services.
What are cookies?
Personal details can be saved in cookies, provided you have consented. For example, cookies may be used to facilitate secure online access so that you do not need to enter your user ID and password again.
If you choose not to accept cookies, you can still access and use our Website. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your device by setting your browser to not accept cookies. The exact instructions for this can be found in the manual for your browser. You can delete cookies already on your device at any time. However, if you choose not to accept cookies that are strictly necessary for the provision of our services provided by our Website, it may result in a reduced availability of such services.
For the purpose of statistical analysis, we use analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, or Google Analytics. You may object at any time to the collection and analysis of statistical data regarding your access to and use of our Website by contacting us using the “Contact Us” function within our Website.
How to exercise your rights and/or contact Metron Aviation in respect of your Personal Data?
If you want to exercise your rights or if you are unhappy with the way in which your Personal Data has been processed or should you have questions regarding the processing of your Personal Data, you may refer in the first instance to the Metron Privacy Department, who is available, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to this address:
Metron Aviation, Privacy Department, 13800 Coppermine Road, Suite 450
Herndon, Virginia 20171-5607
In case of doubt of your identity, we may ask you to justify it by enclosing a copy of any identity document.
Additional Privacy Information for California Residents:
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
We do not discriminate against California residents who exercise their CCPA privacy rights.
Modification of the Privacy Notice
Metron Aviation will update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to reflect the changes in our practices and services and to remain compliant to Data Protection Laws and Regulations.
This Privacy Statement was last updated in July 2020.