Suite for Airlines
Metron Aviation Suite for Airlines simplifies the use of complex System Wide Information Management (SWIM) data, making it user friendly and useful.
This solution provides a means to apply airline business priorities by automating slot management, creating custom reports, and providing account management to customize access to each component and saved setting. In addition, Metron’s Collaborative Decision Making Data Exchange (CDMDX) provides interface standards to make SWIM data available to other internal airline applications.
Suite for Airlines capabilities are available to the United States and for international airlines.
- Devoting resources to understand, process, and transmit SWIM data to other applications requires airline assets that could be devoted to other efforts.
- With the Suite for Airlines, Metron provides expertise in obtaining applicable data elements from TFM Flight, Flow and Request/Reply SWIM data sources.
The Airline Analytics component of the Suite for Airlines presents air traffic management data in easy-to-navigate visual displays catered to operational personnel.
Leveraging Metron Aviation’s work in processing, cleaning and archiving SWIM data since 2016, Airline Analytics supports Air Traffic Management (ATM) operations and analysis with HTML-formatted reports including:
- Interactive data visualizations
- Airspace reports
- Block & taxi time reports
- Flight counts and delays
- Filed vs. flown reports
- Route profiles
- TMI performance reports
- Vectoring reports
- Weather impact reports
Derived from previous Post Operations Evaluation Tool (POET) functionality, a favorite product among the CDM community, Airline Analytics uses the SWIM Traffic Flow Management (TFM) data archive.
Airline Analytics enables the user to:
- Recognize patterns and identify trends over time (days, weeks, months).
- Group results by departure airports, arrival airports, filed departure fixes, filed arrival fixes, departure times, arrival times, departure centers, arrival centers, and user class.
- Understand where delays are occurring, assess airline delay statistics, and assess airline performance in traffic management initiatives.
- Viewing and analyzing informative operational performance metrics with ease
- Access to dozens of customizable reports
- Recognizing patterns and trends over time
- Gaining insight into areas of potential operational improvements
When a country’s air navigation service provider (ANSP) issues an Air Traffic Flow Measure or Traffic Management Initiative, such as a Ground Delay Program (GDP), each airline receives a number of slots according to their scheduled operations. To make optimal use of these slots, the Slot Optimization capability of the Suite for Airlines enables an airline to:
- Display available slots and swap options
- Send flight time updates
- Send flight cancellations
- Swap available slots
- Model slot change impacts and trade slots with other airlines
Slot Optimization provides these features for GDPs, Airspace Flow Programs (AFPs) and in the future, for CTOP and Surface Metering Programs (SMPs). In addition, Slot Optimization provides automated suggestions to reduce delay across a group of flights through features including:
- Airline compression – optimize the available open slots under the airline’s control
- Cancel & Shift – cancel one flight and derive as much delay savings as possible from the available slot
- Improved system predictability – how to respond when a similar operational situation occurs
- Cost savings of crew duty time for the substituted flight
- Increased predictability of gate management – leading to savings in passenger costs for connecting flights
- Reduced communication workload – perform cancellations, time changes, and other edits
- Enhanced modeling – reenactment of historical situations to model future substitution procedures or future schedules